Class A ELDT Theory Training Online Course
What is Class A Theory Training?
As of February 7, 2022, all drivers seeking a Class A CDL for the first time must meet entry-level driver training (ELDT) requirements. For Class A CDL drivers, this entails completing an FMCSA-approved Class A theory training course and exam before completing CDL skills training and testing. This one important step is now mandatory to obtain your Class A CDL.
Class A Theory Online Course
Our online Class A Theory course is backed by over 35 years of experience training professional drivers and is approved by the FMCSA. This course covers all requirements to comply with the Entry Level Driving Training (ELDT) mandate. C1 Truck Driver Training is registered with the FMCSA Training Provider Registry (TPR) list of approved schools.
The Class A Theory Online Course consists of 30 units covering the basic operating characteristics of a Commercial Motor Vehicle. Each unit provides study questions upon completion to help students retain information throughout the course. Upon completing all units, a proficiency exam will be administered with a required passing score of 80% or higher. The exam can be taken as many times as needed until the student receives a passing grade and results can successfully be submitted to the Training Provider Registry.
Self-paced - No time limit
Audio Version - Listen on the Go
Free Downloadable Certificate
Use on Any Device
Full Refund Satisfaction Guarantee
Automatic FMCSA Submission
One-time charge no matter how many tries it takes to receive a passing score!
Need to train your company drivers?
Our company accounts are ideal for meeting ELDT Class A requirements quickly. It's easy to set up instant access for any number of drivers!
Bulk Pricing Options
Driver Progress Monitoring and Reporting
Invite Users with an Admin Dashboard
Instant Result Transmission to the FMCSA
Class A Theory Course Overview
The C1 Truck Driver Training online course is made up of 30 units including:
- A1.1.1 - Orientation
- A1.1.2 - Control Systems and Dashboard
- A1.1.3 - Pre-trip, Enroute, and Post-Trip inspections
- A1.1.4 - Basic Control
- A1.1.5 - Shifting and Operating Transmissions
- A1.1.6 - Backing and Docking
- A1.1.7 - Coupling and Uncoupling
Advanced Operating Practices
- A1.3.1 - Hazard Perception
- A1.3.2 - Skid Control Jackknifing and Other Emergencies
- A1.3.3 - Railroad Highway Grade Crossing
- A1.5.1 - Handling and Documenting Cargo
- A1.5.2 - Environmental Compliance Issues
- A1.5.3 - Hours of Service Requirements
- A1.5.4 - Fatigue and Wellness Awareness
- A1.5.5 - Post-Crash Procedures
- A1.5.6 - External Communications
- A1.5.7 - Whistleblower-Coercion
- A1.5.8 - Trip Planning
- A1.5.9 - Alcohol and Drugs
- A1.5.10 - Medical Requirements
We Stand by Our Product
C1 offers a full refund satisfaction guarantee as we strive to provide the best overall course experience. If at any time you have an issue or have questions about our course, please contact us so that we may address any problems. All sales are considered final upon a successful proficiency results submission to the FMCSA via the Training Provider Registry (TPR).
Ready to Get Started?
Buy the course for $199 today.
* Course not valid for the state of Washington.